Market-ready Solutions for Sustainable Urbanization in India
Winter 2015-2016, Spring 2016.
The University of Utah announces a call for undergraduate students based in India to participate in a project focused on sustainable urbanization. This project is made possible by a grant from the United States Consulate, Hyderabad.
Six (or more) undergraduate students will join six students from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, between 29 December and 6 January 2015-2016. During this time, working with faculty from the University of Utah, students will tour the city and meet with academics, activists, government officials, media, and other organizations involved in sustainable urbanization. The focus of the project is water, but students with other specializations are encouraged to apply.
Students based in India will be expected to work with the group for the majority of the time allotted in Hyderabad.
Meals during the day and transportation will be covered by the program.
Upon returning from Hyderabad, Utah students and their Indian partners will create market-ready solutions for sustainable urbanization in Hyderabad. This will occur between January and April, 2016. Market-ready solutions are those ideas developed during the trip and following semester that can be readily implemented. India-based students will be awarded a certificate of participation by the University of Utah. The final joint-projects will be disseminated in Hyderabad through the US Consulate.
Students must be currently enrolled at a recognized college or university preferably in Hyderabad.
Students must have active Skype or Facetime accounts in order to communicate with their American peers.
Students from a diverse background are encouraged to apply.
Students must answer the following questions as part of their application.
1. Describe your ability and desire to contribute to the topic of water-based market-ready solutions to sustainable urbanization.
2. Describe your knowledge of Hyderabad or other urban centers in India.
3. Explain your ability and desire to work with American students and participate in an international collaborative program.
One letter of recommendation is required.
Please also provide the following:
• First Name (what your friends call you).
• Last Name (family name).
• Father and mother’s name.
• Father and mother’s address.
• Father and mother’s occupations.
• Mailing addresses.
• E-mail addresses.
• Skype/Facetime/Facebook addresses (or other social media).
• Cell phone number(s).
• Current educational status (example: second year Biology major, Osmania University)
• Do you have your own vehicle.
• Describe your availability between 29 December and 6 January. Students will be expected to join their American counterparts during the day.
Letters of recommendation and completed information should be mailed to:
Please put “Sustainable Urbanization” in the subject heading.
Last date for sending in applications: 15 NOVEMBER 2015